Wishlist is looking a bit bare this month, even more when I tell you I've cheated and already bought 2 and 4. There's just nothing really this month that has jumped out and grabbed my attention. I love summer clothes and would wear a dress every day of the year if it was acceptable, but I think the majority of the clothes out right not either all look the same, or a bit drab. And yes, I really do want the plastic raincoat, I just really love raincoats, I know it's not very chic but I just think they are cute and festivally (might have just made up a word there) .
To make your chalkboard you will need;
• fimo (or other oven bake clay)
• craft knife
• blackboard paint & a paintbrush
To start, make a cardboard stencil for your chalkboard, it doesn't have to be a house, that's just what I wanted to make! Next roll out your clay to around 0.75cm thick and use your craft knife to cut around your cardboard stencil. You'll notice from the photos my clay wasn't completely flat, and had a few lumps and bumps, I wanted it to look this way so it would look more natural and slate like, however if this is not your desired effect then you must make sure your clay is completely smooth before putting it into the oven! If you are going to hang your chalkboard then now make a hole in your clay using the back of your pencil. Once you are happy, place your clay into the oven following the directions on your pack, and then leave it to cool completely after. Once your clay is cool, you can start painting your chalkboard. I always find that fimo really absorbs the paint so I did a couple of base-coats before I went and added the chalkboard paint. Once you are happy that your chalkboard is completely covered and dry you can start painting with the chalkboard paint - apply this liberally for the best effect! Finally when your chalkboard is dry, choose a pretty ribbon and find somewhere to hang it!
Within the hour of having my chalkboard up I found the lovely message above :)
1. Packing away my Harrods bear. 2. Feta, spinach & ricotta puff pastry. 3. Wispa Gold. 4. Amazing burger. 5. Massive ears. 6. Never going to get over this view. 7. Sad times. 8. Lola. 9. Drive ♥ 10. Bunting. 11. Corona. 12. I made that! 13. Relaxing on the canal. 14. Nails time. 15. Summer. 16. Glamour time. 17. Pastel nails. 18. "Owl" print dress. 19. Questionable owls. 20. Friday cocktails. 21. Mini cocktail. 22. Cheese stuffed nachos. 23. Massive Absolut. 24. Homemade caramel iced coffee. 25. Lola's "creche".
1. Herbs & tomatoes growing on the window ledge. 2. Dance like a chicken day. 3. Catching up with Bob's Burgers. 4. Yummy yoghurt. 5. Busy diary. 6. Type geek. 7. Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle. 8. Complete devastation. 9. Tuna. 10. Bought a new tv. 11. Castle Hill. 12. New TV! 13. Free Ben & Jerry's! 14. Honey Berry Cocktail. 15. Rocky Road Cocktail. 16. Vox. 17. Nando's Feast. 18. Celebratory Mocha. 19. Eminem4lyfe. 20. Caramel Egg.
Sorry for the lack of blogging this week, it's been EXTREMELY busy, but I've finished my placement year now, yayy! I had a big presentation to finish off the year on Wednesday, and I think it went pretty well, but I won't find out if I've passed or failed until September time. This means I should have loads more time for blogging now, which is a definite plus for me! :)
1. Pizza Hut. 2. OOTD ;). 3. DIY Hanging Heart. 4. Models Own Blooboo & Ibiza Mix. 5. Illustrating. 6. Hed Kandi Balearic Cool. 7. Lost Sock Memorial Day. 8. Shopping for dads birthday. 9. Re watching season 1 of SDOACG. 10. Peanut Butter KitKat. 11. Opening a new tub of BodyShop body butter. 12. Blue skies. 13. Shiney sparkly nails. 14. Season 2. 15. Coffee and breakfast out the boy. 16. Kool-Aid.
I knew I have an obsession with painting my nails, but I seriously didn't realise how bad it was until I've started doing weekly instagram posts. Pretty much spent the week watching endless episodes of Secret Diary of a Call Girl and New Girl, and the rest working.
Time for the monthly Pinterest feature, this month from my Prints board. It was hard choosing just four to feature, as I really do love all the prints on my board. We plan to have movie posters like these all over the house when we eventually get one! :)
I'm a huge fan of getting crafty every now and then, and particularly love making things for the home. If you follow me on twitter you may have noticed that I spent the whole weekend doing bits of DIY, after all that's what bank holidays are for!
To make this hanging heart I used porcelain doll sculpey clay. To start cut a template from card, then roll out your sculpey (or alternative clay) to the desired thickness, (I made mine around 7mm), and then cut around your template using a craft knife. Next make a hole in the heart so that you can tie a ribbon through once it is cooked, and then place it in the oven using the directions from your clay packet. Then paint your heart in any colour of your choice, I chose a creamy off white colour to make it appear shabby-chic. Finally decorate your heart and add a fancy ribbon. If you don't want to add type to your heart then you could make it spotty, stripey or even have it plain! :)
1. Giant homemade tuna burger. 2. New Boohoo dress. 3. Covering everything for the decorator. 4. Proper fatty. 5. Cookie Crisp. 6. Illustrating! 7. New Garnier Creams. 8. Proper yummy chicken and parmentier potatoes. 9. Baby pink & Models Own Ibiza Mix. 10. Rocking my Dogtooth. 11. Bacon, poached egg, black pudding & potato rosti. 12. Commence food baby. 13. Lovely freebie from Witch. 14. Ugliest mugs in the world. 15. Coffee time with the man.
Ernest Jones is somewhere that I never really considered looking at for jewellery, as I don't really wear to much "real" jewellery. However I've noticed recently that they're stocking really nice jewellery, I'm particularly fond of the Simon Carter skull range, and the Daisy range too, but I have to say my favourites are the Ted Baker bangles. They are all so beautiful and different, I'd love to stock up my jewellery box with the above! What are your favourite items from Ernest Jones?